How has God equipped you to serve others? Consider these opportunities:
- Cell Phone Collection in the narthex takes old cell phones and converts them into emergency phones for needy families.
- Christmas Angel Tree is the annual Salvation Army Christmas gift project that provides gifts to needy Albert Lea families. Gifts are collected at the church and delivered to the distribution site.
- Equal Exchange Coffee is available for purchase at the church the first Sunday of each month. Equal Exchange Coffee provides a fair price to growers.
- Equal Exchange Craft Project is a global craft sale held once a year that raises awareness of fair prices for products from around the world.
- Haiti Collections allows you to give used household items that are sent to needy persons in Haiti. Items such as empty prescription bottles, crutches, and medical supplies are collected at the church. Periodically these materials are brought to Rochester, where they are packaged with other donations for shipment.
- Local Food Shelves are supported with non-perishable food items and monetary donations through efforts in March and November. Donations are accepted at any time during the year.
- Heifer Project is an annual Christmas project that supports individuals in developing countries.
Local (Albert Lea):
- Loaves and Fishes: Several times a year, members of the congregation assist in preparing and serving this community meal at St. Theodore’s Catholic Church.
- Relay for Life is an annual fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. This event happens each August at the Freeborn County Fairgrounds. Members of Grace work as a team to raise funds for cancer research.
- Commodity Distribution is a program of Channel One and is coordinated in Albert Lea through volunteers from Grace Lutheran Church. Commodity distribution takes place the second Wednesday of every month. Volunteers are needed to assist in registering individuals and carrying food to vehicles.
- Habitat for Humanity is an opportunity to build a house for a needy family through this world-wide ministry active in Albert Lea.
- Missionary for a Day donations support our mission partners around the world: St. Catherine Lutheran Church in Valka, Latvia, and Central Diocese, Nyakato Clinic in Mwanza, International Health Partners and the Morogoro Mission District of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania. For more information, see our Mission Partners page.
- Global Mission Event and Glocal Mission Events are national and regional gatherings of mission partners from around the world in which people gather to celebrate and learn about the our worldwide church and its many and varied peoples.
- World Hunger is the ELCA ministry that raises funds for disaster and hunger needs in the US and around the world.