Grace Lutheran is served by a part-time Parish Nurse, whose ministry includes visitation to those who have been hospitalized, shut-in, are dealing with continuing health issues, mothers of newborns, those in bereavement, and prisoners. This ministry is overseen by the Health Cabinet.
Grief Support Groups:
These groups offer informal discussion and support for Grace Lutheran members who have suffered the death of spouse, child, or friend.
- Men’s Grief Support Group 4th Monday of every month at 10:00 am (Kitchen).
- Women’s Grief Support Group 4th Monday of every month at 3:30 pm (Conference Room).
Members of the Visitor Team extend the ministry of the congregation to members who are homebound or who live in nursing homes. Visitor Team members ensure that members receive holy communion on a regular basis, and also extend the fellowship of the community. The team meets six times a year for continued training and sharing.
Opportunities in the Parish Nurse ministry and support the members of our congregation:
- Prayer Shawls are knit or crochet by volunteer, to be given to anyone dealing with health or bereavement issues.
- Bootie Makers provide booties for newborns that are distributed by the Parish Nurse
- Cookie Bakers provide homemade cookies that are given during Parish Nurse Visits.
- Fresh fruits and Vegetables are also appreciated by many of those who receive visits!
Health Cabinet Meetings 1st Monday of every month at 4:00 pm
Grace Lutheran also hosts monthly meetings of Albert Lea Area Parish Nurses, who meet the 4th Tuesday of each month at 5:15pm.
Those with the spiritual gifts of compassion, encouragement, or prayer are invited to consider serving in this ministry. Contact Pastor Jennifer or our Parish Nurse for any questions.